Effective Date: July 22, 2016
Personal Information Our Company Collects and How it is Used
1. Introduction. Our company collects information in different ways from Visitors and Members who access the various parts of our services and the network of web sites accessible through our service. We use this information in part to provide a customized experience as you use our Products and Services. We also use this information for marketing and business planning purposes, and we may sell certain data to third parties. The data collected for our own purposes and for sale to third parties may include your name, address, email address, the nature of products and services that you purchase from us, your browsing behavior on our site, details about your computer including IP address, Internet service provider, operating system, type of mobile devices that you use to access our site, web browser, demographic information such as your age and gender, your language settings, your geographic location, landing and exit pages, frequency and number of your visits to our site, your search history on our site, key words used to find our site using Internet search engines such as Google, the speed and bandwidth of your Internet connection, our server response times relating to your usage of our site, the identity of any referring sites, and any data field or type that may be collected by law, especially those which are specified by Google Analytics and other ecommerce analytics services.
2. DNT Policy Disclosure
This section outlines how UGottaEat.com applies Do Not Track 'DNT' regulatory requirements per California’s Online Privacy Protection Act's (CalOPPA) effective January 1, 2014. UGE recognizes DNT mechanisms that have been designed to prevent tracking of Personal Identifying Information (PII). As such, UGE utilizes Google Analytics for users to invoke DNT as described below. Please read your rights carefully.
2.1 All users:
UGE will track unique identifiers, and passively collected information such as device identifiers and geolocation data about California residents' online activities over time and across third-party websites or services, including via mobile apps.
By definition, members will have access to restricted areas, and by consent allow utilization to be tracked and analyzed to deliver more value added goods and services provided by the UGE platform.
2.3 User Experience, Tracking Goals and Third Party Tracking
- Users who use invoke DNT via opting out are not treated differently than consumers who do not, with the exception of members who have exclusive access to UGE’s goods and services via a private platform.
- Personal Identifying Information (PII) is not collected when a DNT signal is received. Personal information is received upon members opting in to receive relevant information, and collected upon joining via the membership form.
- PII is not collected or used for web surfers to the extent they are not members of UGE. All tracking information otherwise collected is done so in aggregate to describe how prospective members may be acquired through resources previously named.
- Third party tracking by other networks such as Google Adwords, and others are currently not being used to track visitor behavior for targeted ad placement. Social media tracking is recorded only to the extent the visitor interacts with UGE via one or more of its Social Networking Assets, and as such, does not constitute a violation of CalOPPA’s provisions.
2.4 Opting Out:
For guests who desire to opt for DNT, please click here.
3. Registration: Members may be asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our products or services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the services. The personal information collected from members during the registration process is used to manage each Member’s account (such as access to information by level, and billing purposes). Some of this information may be shared with third parties, at UGE’s sole discretion, with the exception of payment credentials (e.g. credit card numbers and bank account numbers), which will never be shared.
In instances where our company and a partner jointly promote our services, we may provide the partner certain personal information, such as the name address, and username of persons who subscribe to the services as a result of joining the promotion for the purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the promotion. We may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal information members provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of members). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell advertisements that appear on the services.
4. Our Company Partners and Sponsors: Some products and services may be offered to visitors and members in conjunction with an affiliate, independent contractor seller or non-affiliated partner. To provide visitors and members some of these products and services, the partner may need to collect and maintain personal information. In these instances, you will be notified before any such data is collected or transferred and may decide not to use that particular service or feature.
Additionally, our partners may have advertisements or co-branded web Pages that are co-sponsored by an affiliate, independent contractor seller, or non-affiliated partner. Our company may share non-identifying and aggregate information (except as described above) with such partners in order to administer the co-branded products or services offered.
5. Online Shopping: At some web sites, you can purchase products and services or register to receive materials, such as a newsletter, catalog or new product and service updates. In many cases, you may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and credit/debit card information. If you complete and order for someone else, such as an online gift order sent directly to a recipient, you may be asked to provide information about the recipient, such as the recipient’s name, address, and phone number. Our company has no control over the third parties’ use of any personal information you provide when placing such an order. Please exercise care when doing so.
If you order services or products directly from our company we will use the personal information you provide to process that order.
6. Online Advertisements: Our Company may display our online advertisements. In those cases we share aggregated and non-identifying information about our visitors and members collected through the registration process as well as through online surveys and promotions with these advertisers.
Additionally, in some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements or to advertise joint ventures. For instance, an advertiser or joint venture company tells us the audience they want to reach and provides us and advertisement tailored to the audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display or send the advertisement to the intended audience. Our company does not share personal information about its visitors or members with these advertisers or joint venture companies.
7. Response to Email Inquiries: When visitors or members send email inquiries to our company the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive.
8. Voluntary Customer Surveys: We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our Members and Visitors to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of products and services we offer, and how we provide them to you. Any personal information and responses provided by you in the survey will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary.
We may take the information we receive from individuals responding to our customer surveys and combine (aggregate) it with the responses of other customers we may have. To create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector or other demographic information) we then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products, this aggregated, non- personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
9. Special Cases: We may disclose personal information about visitors or members, or information regarding your use of the services or web sites accessible through our services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: credit agencies, collection agencies, merchant database agencies, law enforcement, or to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Child Online Privacy Act, regulations, or to comply with governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms of service, or other user policies, to operate the services properly; or to protect our company and our members.
11. Our company commitment to children’s Privacy. Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. Therefore we restrict our web site to persons eighteen years or older.
YOU MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OR OLDER TO ACCESS THIS WEB SITE. IF YOU ARE UNDER EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ACCESS THIS WEB SITE FOR ANY REASON. DUE TO THE AGE RESTRICTIONS FOR USE OF THIS WEB SITE, NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY THIS WEB SITE FALLS WITHIN THE CHILD ONLINE PRIVACY ACT (COPA) AND IS NOT MONITORED AS DOING SO.
12. Public Forums: Please remember that any information you may disclose in any member directory, or other public areas of our web sites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
13. Our Company’s Commitment to Data Security: Services and Web sites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems; we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
15. Revisions to This Policy. Our Company reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy, our Terms of Service agreement, and our other policies and agreements at any time without notice and in any manner, by updating this posting.