Amazing! Grace? The 2016 election was a good thing.
We are already into the 2nd month of 2017. already I have completed a 21 day fast, and lost 7 pounds and then treated myself shamelessly!
I'll check out the scale again next week ;-)
More importantly, in my season of reflection I received clarity on how you win even when you lose.
- For the Fast, I started out focusing on the foods I could not have.
- Then upon going to the market, I started focusing on what I could have.
- Finally, after a week or so of mindful eating and stillness I recognized I can simultaneously be grateful that I have nourishing foods to energize me, as well as "treats" to look forward to from time to time.
Parallel this with what is going on in America and around the world right now. It may seem like a stretch, but the same principles apply. Stay with me...
- I, like many, was totally saddened that my fellow Americans did not make compassion and kindness the #1 priority in the election. We have been operating under a "pretense." I heard of fake it until you make it, but this threw me for a loop.
- Now, let's focus on the good news, we can confront the real issues honestly. Just like that! How refreshing! The first step to overcoming a problem is admitting you have it. Step One...Check!
- Finally, we can all be happy for what is to come! Yes, we undoubtedly first must go through some serious storms and valleys and this is just how life works. You have heard it a million other ways...No Pain, No Gain...It is always darkest before the dawn, etcetera, etcetera.
'The Three Parables of Jesus are about losing something, searching for it anew, finding it, and in each case, throwing a big party afterward.' -(@RichardRohr) Luke 15...The parable of the lost sheep, the lost coin and the prodigal son.
We are in store for an awakening. It's only through difficult times and experience we start to gain wisdom. I urge you to contemplate this positive context, and you will raise the collective consciousness in doing so.
Go ahead and use the comment box. You know you want to.