The 80/20 Rules of How Not to Worry

482633421

I’m practicing faith. It’s a new year, and everyone I know is on some type of diet or is worried about their financial situation or concerned about the state of our nation. It’s the big 3…Body, Money, Security. You may not see it at first, but they all have the same thing in common...Worry. And they all have the same solution…Faith.

My friend just told me Joel Osteen said, "you will dislike 20% of the things about anyone you meet, but there is 80% that you do like." Our best relationships are the ones where we focus on the 80% and don't mind the other 20%. Our worst relationships are maniacally focused on the 20%, letting it drive us crazy, where we can't see the broader good in the other 80% that the person or situation offers. I invite you to just for this week be willing to see things differently. Practice faith, and focus on the 80%. Stop being a victim and focusing on being slighted. Have they been there for you in the past?  If you need them, will they be there in the future? Yes, they will [Body, Money, Security].  Where is your faith?

When you practice faith, you don't have to worry. You take your attention away from the worry. Then you turn it towards the anticipation of the positive outcome desired. Practice patience and BE the change you want to see. You want to be treated with respect and kindness, then extend kindness to someone who you have not forgiven lately.

I’m asking you to be willing to see things differently. Your body is doing the best it can do with what you are feeding it. It's a good body. A friend. Just give it the gift of better fuel and movement. The LOVE of money (or what it can buy) is usually the issue in finances. If you’re lucky enough to have a roof over your head and food to eat, then please give thanks for that, because so many are going without. Send them a blessing. 80%. 

The government right now is like a relationship that’s hit a rough patch. If you’ve been married for more than a few years, then you know what I’m talking about. The government’s role is to protect the wellbeing of its citizens. I could throw stones all day long, and I have. Stop with the outrageous indignation (20%), and figure out what you can DO to help heal this nation. Start by helping your neighbors in your own community. 80%. Go HERE to download my factsheet on the 2019 Government Shutdown and 10 Ways You can Affect Change.

We always want to encourage everyone to achieve a higher sense of wellbeing for yourself and your neighbor, because we all rise or fall together. Now is a great time to get A Year of ME to Improve Wellbeing. It helps you daily to focus on the 80%.

Stay mindful of the 80/20 and don’t worry.  Have faith.

Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Hebrews 11:1, NIV

UGottaEat…so eat mindfully

Feeding your Body, Mind & Spirit.